One area of cannabis compliance that continues to confuse retailers is the very specific regulations regarding the packaging and labeling of cannabis dispensaries in California. During this transition to recreational sales, many cannabis retailers continue to package and label their products for customers. Ultimately, authorized distributors will have the sole responsibility of properly packaging and labeling marijuana products.
We’ve created a quick and easy guide to clarifying California marijuana dispensary labeling and packaging compliance rules that many stores should know before selling.
Childproof cannabis packaging
Everyone agrees that keeping the minor out of the reach of minors is a high priority when it comes to the legalization of recreational cannabis. That’s why California marijuana regulations have enacted strict child-resistant packaging laws that could prevent them from accessing these products if they fall into the wrong hands in any way.
It is essential that dispensaries use certified child-proof packaging, as failure to do so may result in a breach of consent. Inedible containers where multiple doses are in a single package, reusable baby-proof containers need to be provided to ensure the edibles are kept fresh and never contaminated.
Dispensary outlet bag
Another condition under the new adult-use rules issued by the California Office of Cannabis Control is that each client must leave the disposition sari with an opaque exit bag. Some cannabis retailers take extra precautions to make sure Myler outlet bags are loyal to them.
Depending on the cannabis retailer, the customer may be charged a nominal fee for offsetting the price of the dispenser outlet bag. The state is giving licensed cannabis companies a path to consent that allows them to use until their existing package is exhausted. While most cannabis dispensaries have been providing brown or white paper bags for outbound packaging for the past few years, those who are not in stores must do so to meet the packaging and labeling standards of marijuana dispensaries. California.
Refrain from attracting children
One thing that has been made clear about the packaging and labeling of California cannabis dispensaries is that no product, packaging, or labeling should be appealing to children. The BCC was adamant that doing so would be a violation and subject to its zero-tolerance policy.
Grocery similar to children’s candy products must be sold, of course, but the use of packaging showing cartoon images, funny fonts, or phrases that appeal to minors may be considered a breach of consent.
Marijuana product labels
Labeling of cannabis products is also a minor requirement to comply with the labeling and packaging of cannabis dispensaries in California. However, this process can be simplified by using advanced distribution software that can create custom labels. Any marijuana or cannabis-promoting products
It must be labeled with two separate panels. There are a preliminary panel and information panel that must be placed in the dispensary on all products.
The text on the initial panel must be equal to or larger than the size of the panel size 6 and must consist of the following:
- Product name or identification number in the form of prominent text.
- If it is an infected product, the phrase “marijuana-infected” must be larger than the product name and located at the top of the label
- California Official THC Symbol Orders California (Additional Information Below)
- Volume is the amount displayed by volume and/or net weight.
- The amount of THC and CBD in the product is measured in milligrams per package.
- The amount of THC and CBD included in the serving is measured in milligrams for serving.
The information panel should have the following:
- Lic is the name and contact information of the licensed manufacturer.
- Creation Date of creation and packaging.
- A bold official warning is bold:
Government Warning: This product controls cannabis, a project that controls suppression. Stay away from kids and animals. Cannabis products can only be consumed by 21-year-olds or individuals who are considered an individual selectable patient. The effects of the issues on cannabis products could go on for a few more hours. The use of cannabis in bulk or through breastfeeding can be harmful. The addition of canvas products impairs your ability to drive and operate machinery. Please be careful.
If your dispensary is licensed to sell medical marijuana, this specific label must have a specific language in accordance with the California Cannabis Dispensary Packaging and Labeling Act. Any of your medical marijuana products should include the following:
- The statement “For medical use only”
- A complete list of all the ingredients in the product for the highest to lowest percent.
- Dos Specific instructions on how to use the product in dosage and preparation.
- The product expiration date or expiration date indicates when the product has expired.
- Lots of products or unique identification codes.
Edible marijuana and labels
Every cannabis eater sold in a doctor’s office must be in opaque packaging and have an additional label that provides the customer with the following information:
- Ingredients A complete list of ingredients, measured by weight or volume and ordered from top to bottom
- If the food is prepared with a common food allergen, you should boldly follow the text “CONTAINS” and follow a list of known allergens.
- The list of all synthetic dyes used to make the product.
- The amount of sodium, sugar, carbohydrates, and total fat per serving per gram.
Mandatory THC label for California
The state of California should apply a THC label to any marijuana or marijuana product specifically required. This label must be clearly visible and accurately reproduce the state-provided plan. If the product is sold in a dark color package, contrasting colors can be used. The required text must be printed on a label of at least 0.5 inches x 0.5 inches.
While this may seem like an additional demand for packaged marijuana packaging and labeling in California, it enables industry-specific cannabis software clinic owners to quickly create customizable and consistent labels as part of the business in the regulated market of IndicaOnline.