Companies in the cannabis sector want to take advantage of this moment of growth and position themselves in the market now so that when marijuana is legalized. They already have an advantage over the rest.
And that is where the dilemma arises:
Because right now, they have no choice but to juggle to advertise their products without breaking the laws, which impose restrictions such as:
- The marijuana plant should not appear alongside celebrities.
- It should not be associated with glamor (forget about the George Clooney style with Nespresso).
- Neither to fun nor to happiness.
- It cannot be directed towards a young audience.
Keep in mind that these rules apply exclusively to the plant so that you can promote your products without a problem with a bit of skill.
How? With a good marketing campaign.
Here are the keys to marketing in the cannabis sector.
The power of social media
Unless you’ve lived in a cave for the last 10 years or just landed on Earth, you know that social media is a powerful tool for businesses today.
Due to legal restrictions, you may not be able to display images of all your products on Facebook or Instagram. But do not despair, because, through these networks, you can:
- Create a brand image: both on Facebook, on Twitter or Instagram; you can generate a brand image that reinforces the idea that the cannabis industry is a severe sector, on the rise and with many potentials.
- Build loyalty with your audience: through constant publications about you, about your products (even if you don’t show a photo, you can talk about them) or about the sector in general, you will get the public to be interested in your brand and visit your website to see what you offer.
- Increase sales: the more users you “fish” from social networks to your AK 47 Dank Vape online business, the more chances that the sales of your products will increase.
- Please take advantage of the influencer’s pull: collaborating with influencers who give visibility to your brand in their profiles will help you position yourself and make the public have a reasonable opinion of your products.
Take advantage of social networks. Thus, you will get the public to value your brand positively and the sector in general.
Make use of storytelling.
The storytelling is a technique as old as marketing itself, but no less compelling.
While data on industry standards, percentages, or numbers is essential, nothing will capture the customer’s attention as much as a good story.
To publicize their brand, they used storytelling, telling the story of Charlotte Figi, a girl who suffered from epilepsy and managed to improve her health through CBD.
The founders managed to get the story out into the media and build their community of followers around their brand story.
Stories have the power to excite and make the public empathize with your brand, so use this technique both on your social networks, as well as on your website, advertisements, etc.
Create valuable content
As the marketing field goes, content is king.
Users continuously consume content, so they want to find something that adds value to them, that connects with them, and with what they can learn.
Burn this to yourself: a generic text, without quality, without sparkle and (above all) without value, will make the public ignore it completely.
We give you some ideas so that this does not happen:
- Create a blog for your website: if on your page, in addition to selling products, you have a section with quality posts in which you expose the characteristics of your brand or the situation of the sector, you will be able to strengthen the public who will want to read your texts inform.
- Use videos: the multimedia format dazzles everyone. In addition, it is a great way to humanize and build trust, a significant issue for this sector, when there may still be prejudices about marijuana.
Collaborate with a good writer or copywriter who generates this content, and you will see how the traffic to your online business increases.
Events are a direct way to communicate with clients (or potential clients) where you can:
- Promote your products.
- Invite speakers from the sector who contribute knowledge.
- Get sponsorship from other brands.
- Grow your brand by increasing the number of followers.
Creativity to power. Think that if your events like the public, you will achieve loyalty at lightning speed, positioning yourself as an authority in the sector.